1 / 4
2 / 4
3 / 4
4 / 4
Location:Owen Street, Newtown, Wellington, Wellington
Land area:2,567 sqm
Total new homes:36
Rooms:36 one-bedroom apartments
Status:Estimated completion first half 2023
August - We are hosting a site visit on Thursday 12 August from 4.30 – 5.30 pm. For health and safety requirements please wear sturdy, enclosed shoes.
Can’t make the site visit? We will also be holding two community drop in sessions where you can learn more about Kāinga Ora developments happening in Newtown and Berhampore. You can find us at
- Newtown Library, Thursday 5 August from 4pm - 6pm and
- Newtown Fruit and Vege Market, Saturday 14 August 9am - 11am
February - A blessing and sod turning was held.
July - We delivered factsheets [PDF, 1.5 MB] to surrounding community providing information about our plans. This factsheet also included an invite to a drop in session.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about what is planned for your area.
Upper Hutt, Wairarapa, Johnsonville, Ngaio, Wellington central, Rolleston and Eastern suburbs
- Contact Caroline Speight, Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Lower Hutt including Stokes Valley and Wainuiomata
- Contact Jo Burleigh, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Kapiti Coast, Porirua, Mount Cook, Newtown and Berhampore
- Contact Josh Clark, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Page updated: 29 August 2022