Clyde Road, Aorangi Road and Bevin Place
Location:Clyde Road, Aorangi Road and Bevin Place, Bryndwr, Christchurch, Canterbury
Type:Homes and apartments
Total new homes:34
Rooms:16 one-bedroom, 8 two-bedroom, 4 three-bedroom, 4 four-bedroom and 2 five-bedroom
Status:Estimated completion first half 2023
Resource and building consents have been granted for 34 new warm and dry homes. Site preparation is scheduled to get underway in August 2021, with demolition of the last remaining houses by Christmas.
We expect construction to start early in the new year, and be finished by the first quarter of 2023.
- These will be a mix of 1 - 5 bedroom units, mostly two-storeyed.
- Some will be accessible-friendly.
- Car parking will be available on site.
- The redevelopment will be well-landscaped.
- In November 2020 we delivered a letter [PDF, 1003 KB] to neighbours of the development.
- Frequently asked questions [PDF, 150 KB]
- Engagement boards [PDF, 26 MB]
- Community drop-in sessions were held in November 2020. We took on board concerns about vehicle movements and parking, and trees and landscaping.
- In August 2021 we delivered a second letter [PDF, 498 KB] to neighbours and businesses.
- February 2022 - letter to neighbours about fencing [PDF, 387 KB]
- April 2022 - letter to neighbours construction to start [PDF, 371 KB]
If you have any questions or want to know more, contact Ray Tye, Manager Community Engagement & Partnerships, by phone 021 394 715, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Page updated: 3 February 2022