Ranolf Street and Malfroy Road
To help meet the high demand for housing in Rotorua, 37 new homes will be built for the vacant 2 hectare land on the corner of Ranolf Street and Malfroy Road in Rotorua, which was purchased by Kāinga Ora in mid-2021.
These modern, warm and dry houses will help provide Rotorua whānau in need of housing with a place to call home.
- 37 one and two-storey new homes
- A mix of one, three and four-bedroom homes for smaller and larger groups of people, including families.
- 20 of the homes will be able to be made accessible
- A community room and shared green space
- All homes will be low maintenance, fully insulated and with double glazing, carpets and curtains
- Each home will have a deck and an easy to maintain and fenced private section with garden area
- Fully landscaped site with natives and plants found locally
- Internal loop road and allocated off-street parking for each home
A section of this land on the very corner of Ranolf Street and Malfroy Road is not included in these plans at this time, while different options to develop it in the future are looked at.
- With consents received, work has started on site, with completion of the homes by mid-2022
- Thanks to everyone who attended our online community engagement session on Wednesday 13 October.
- Fencing letter to neighbours, May 2022 [PDF, 181 KB]
- Update letter to neighbours, April 2022 [PDF, 446 KB]
- Online engagement session presentation, 13 October 2021 [PPTX, 18 MB]
- October 2021 factsheet [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- Community drop-in session postponed flyer, 2 September 2021 [PDF, 1017 KB]
- August 2021 factsheet delivered to neighbours and residents in the area [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Proposed site plan [JPG, 4.6 MB]
- Land purchased for new homes for people in Rotorua
- Letter to neighbours and residents, June 2021 [PDF, 104 KB]
- Offsite manufacturing (OSM) housing construction
For any questions, to provide feedback, or to sign up to our database to be kept up to date with this development, please contact Kylea Grayling, Stakeholder Relationship Manager, phone 021 538 208, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page updated: 1 March 2022